Charter Yacht Northern Song Details
The world class expedition yacht M/V NORTHERN SONG was designed and constructed from steel with the same rugged integrity of vessels built for Alaska’s renowned commercial fisheries. The heavy built commercial style hull is a proven design that ensures safety and comfort and includes all of the amenities for having a great time.
Northern Song is a very family friendly boat with plenty of room for three generations to spread out and enjoy the journey. The vessel is an excellent choice for couples groups as well as corporate charters. She offers an ideal balance of public and personal space with ample outdoor areas for play and lounging and a spacious salon with a fully equipped media suite. The huge pilot house can seat 10 for whale spotting and back seat driving.
The NORTHERN SONG participates in Alaska’s unique, voluntary U.S. Coast Guard 5-Star Safety Program carrying additional safety equipment beyond that required by regulation and operates with a U.S. Coast Guard Licensed captain and professional crew that include an onboard chef and experienced deckhand.
M/V NORTHERN SONG Details
The M/V NORTHERN SONG is an 84’ X 26’ X 10’ steel world cruiser constructed in 1997. The vessel is equipped with the following;
- 520 HP 3412 Caterpillar diesel engine
- 2- John Deere 30KW diesel generators providing 110 volt power throughout
- 4 KW 12 to 110 volt power inverter
- 5- VHF radios
- ICOM single side band radio
- Furuno 72 mile and 36 mile radars
- 2 -Furuno commercial color depth sounders
- SAT phone
- Nobeltec Max Pro navigational software interfaced with Satellite Global Positioning
- Fully equipped modern galley
- 7 bathrooms, 6 showers
- 7000 gallons fuel
- 3000 gallons water
- 1000 gallon per day watermaker
- Hydraulic bow & stern thrusters
- 18 foot ft Zodiac tender w/ 115 Yamaha outboard
- 16 foot Mercury RIB tender w/60hp Yamaha outboard
- 7000 lb hydraulic crane
- 18 survival suits (various sizes) + USGC approved life vests
- 16 person IBA (life raft)
- Niad hydraulic gyrocompass controlled anti-roll stabilizer fins
- Cruiseair A/C units with heaters
- Large flying bridge area with comfortable seating and elliptical exerciser
- 2- single person sea kayaks / 2 – double person sea kayaks
Take a tour of the Northern SongThe M/V NORTHERN SONG is operated by USCG licensed master Dennis Rogers. Experience includes more than 25 years (1973 – 1999) of commercial fishing on vessels up to 180 ft in most waters of coastal Alaska and 17 years (2000 – 2016) operating the Alaska charter vessels. Capt. Dennis has owned and safely skippered vessels as captain for more than 35 years.