Chocolate Pots du Crème
By Chef Therese Gorsich
A super quick and simple chocolate pots du crème, this one, which is a favorite aboard the Northern Song, comes together easily in a blender or food processor. One bite and you will swoon for seconds!
1 cup half & half (or 1/2 cup cream and 1/2 cup whole milk)
2 Tablespoons sugar
1/8 teaspoon salt or a small pinch
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 egg yolks
4 oz dark chocolate (70%), chopped (if using less than 70% dark chocolate increase amount to 5 oz)
1 tablespoon strong brewed coffee or 1/4 teaspoon espresso powder mixed with 1 tablespoon water (optional)
- Put half & half, sugar, and salt in small saucepan and bring to a simmer whisking to dissolve sugar. (Optionally this can be done in the microwave in a heatproof measuring cup).
- Put egg yolks in a blender or food processor and with it running on low, slowly pour in hot milk/ cream mixture. The blender or food processor must be running so the eggs do not curdle!
- Turn off blender and add chopped chocolate, cover, and let sit for 1 minute to melt. Add vanilla and coffee (optional) and then blend until combined, about 30 seconds.
- Pour chocolate mixture into 4 small ramekins or cups and chill for a least 2 hours.
- Almond Cardamom Granola
- Blueberry Rhubarb Chutney with Rosemary Thyme Crackers
- Marinated Sockeye Salmon with Crispy Shallots and Capers
- Chocolate Pots du Crème
- Alaska Cranberry Sauce
- Norwegian Brown Sugar Butter Cookies with Cardamom & Black Pepper
- Slow Roasted Winter King Salmon with Pine Nut Gremolata
- Alaska Crab Cakes
- Sake Kasu Black Cod